HFM Solutions Architect Job
~ Any USA City ~
A premier financial systems consultancy is seeking a Sr. HFM Architect to join their professional services team with experience in implementing financial consolidation system utilizing Hyperion Financial Manager (HFM). This position will provide an expert consultative component to the client’s ongoing efforts to expedite the ROI, and maximize the effectiveness, of their Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) and Business Intelligence (BI) practice to Fortune 1000 companies. In this role the Architect will act as a business solution or technical systems expert from the client base, creating Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) and Business Intelligence (BI) solutions and visions that can be implemented over time.
An Architect has expert knowledge with EPM and BI solutions and has a track record of successful large implementations and is capable of creating and documenting estimates, designs, and plans for complex projects.
As an employee, the Architect must be self-sufficient and pro-active in managing their work, while maintaining appropriate communication and escalation to management. They should be able to work both independently and as part of a team, and be committed to continuously improving operations and profitability.
The client is aggressively growing, was originally founded in 2000, and is known as a leader in providing solutions around the Oracle/Hyperion suite of products to Fortune 1000 companies throughout the US. They offer a competitive salary, a lively working environment, great benefits including stock/equity options along with 401(k) company matching, and a sizable bonus structure.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for creating, documenting, and implementing a scalable solution design and implementation plan.
- Provides technical expertise and hands on implementation work during critical project milestones.
- Lead pre-sales activities (as needed) to develop solution offerings and presentations, and to demonstrate, present and explain our services offerings to prospective clients.
- Has a deep understanding of engagement methodology, core values, attitudes, business ethics, etc., and actively promotes them with other staff.
- Mentor and develop staff through coaching, recruiting, teamwork, self-directed learning and mentoring, and may also be responsible for managing medium engagement teams (up to 5 individuals).
- Assist in pre-sales efforts to explain our services offerings to prospective clients.
- Identify opportunities for additional consulting services.
This role requires a good attitude, strong business ethics, an analytic mind, the ability to think on your feet, and excellent customer skills.
- MBA, Masters or Bachelors with 8-10 years related work experience.
- Self-starter with high motivation to succeed.
- Team player with strong results orientation.
- Ability to create and modify business rule with in HFM.
- Knowledge of financial accounting processes.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical background (consulting, banking, research)
- Must have excellent presentation and communication skills and the ability to gain the confidence of business executives.
- Excellent technology skills related to product implementation.
- Deep knowledge of Hyperion Financial Manager or related product
- Experience with databases (Oracle, Essbase, etc.)
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in basic computer skills and Microsoft office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- In-depth, detailed product knowledge combined with very strong business or technical expertise.
- Ability to travel
Fairwinds Recruiting a specialize the search and placement firm for Hyperion professionals has an immediate opening for a Los Angeles-based client seeking a Hyperion Financial Systems administrator. The client is a global leader in professional services with more than 400,000 customers nationwide and 220 service locations across the United States.
The BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST is responsible for the analysis, design and implementations of the Hyperion Applications suite, which includes the analysis, design, configuration and the testing of the Hyperion Application modules. The Business Systems Analyst will serve as the administrator of Hyperion planning, building and testing of Hyperion ESSBASE scripts.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Will gather requirements, writing specifications and coordinating implementation of projects and system changes for Hyperion Applications. Specifically with Hyperion Planning, Essbase, Reporting Cubes, Work-Force Planning, Capital Planning, Financial Data Management (FDM), and Oracle Data Integrator (ODI).
- Performs analysis, design, development, testing and maintenance of financial and operational statements using Hyperion Financial Reporting and Hyperion Smart View.
- Will perform Hyperion applications performance analysis and optimization (Hyperion configuration settings, outline optimization, Essbase cache management, and Java applications memory management).
- Performs Hyperion Database and Security Administration tasks (applications configuration, patching, backup, recovery, and process automation) using Hyperion Shared Services, Hyperion Lifecycle Management, Hyperion EPMA, Hyperion Workspace, and Essbase Administration Services.
- Builds and troubleshoots Essbase Cube based Rules Files and Scripts (Calc Scripts, MaxL scripts, and batch scripts).
- Designs, develops and maintains Hyperion Planning forms, business rules, and security and in performing Hyperion Planning Administration tasks.
- Will provide research, troubleshooting skills and should be able to resolve Hyperion Applications issues by working in collaboration with IT, Business and Oracle Corporation’s Hyperion support technicians.
- Develops and enhances Windows and UNIX-based scheduling, scripting, and monitoring tools for batch processing.
- Performs module specific testing and cross module integration testing on patches, modifications and enhancements.
- Should have an understanding of finance and accounting concepts and experience with supporting periodic close, planning, budgeting, and forecasting processes.
- Will become an integral part of future implementation project teams created to deliver additional modules and functionality to the company.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science is preferred but not required.
- A MBA, CPA or PMI certification is a plus.
- Five years of experience a business systems analyst in a large IT environment is preferred.
- Five years of solid hands on experience with Hyperion applications is preferred and required.
- Experience with managing projects and leading teams is required (i.e. inclusive of Project Management Tools and Methodology) is a plus.
- Experience with Hyperion application integration tools like FDM, ERPi and ODI.
- Experience with controls application setup migrations between development, test environments and production environments (i.e. Hyperion LCM).
- Experience with Hyperion EPMA
- Experience with Oracle (ERP) GL and FA modules will be a plus.
- Experience in the creation and execution of test scenarios and plans.
- Experience with business process engineering a plus.
- Experience with phone and email support of Hyperion Applications.
- Strong knowledge Oracle ERP Financials implementation and support.
- Knowledge of Oracle 11i Applications.
- Strong knowledge of Hyperion application customizations strategy, data conversions, and
- Integration to Oracle Application financial modules (i.e. GL, FA, PA etc) and other boundary systems.
- Proficiency with SOX and IT Change Management is required.
- Demonstrated ability in developing and delivering end-user training is a plus.
- Proven ability to interact effectively with users, business owners, upper management, vendors, and outside consultants during project scoping, requirements gathering, solutions design, build, User Testing, go-live, and production support.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both verbal and written.
For more information an to submit a resume about this position contact Dan
Tags: Hyperion Jobs in Los Angeles, Hyperion Recruiter, Hyperion Recruiting Agency in LA, Hyperion Jobs, Hyperion Planning Essbase jobs in LA, Oracle Jobs in LA, Hyperion Systems Administrator Job, Hyperion Planning Essbase jobs in California
HFM Systems Manager
Major Manufacturing Company
The client’s Information Systems Department is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Hyperion Financial Systems Manager to be responsible for the Hyperion EPM System activity.
Reporting to the National Technology Manager, the Hyperion Financial Systems Manager will pay a key role as an internal consultant providing technical guidance or business process expertise on the most complex projects/enhancements for strategic planning matters from a technical or business standpoint, interacting with multiple internal departments and external managed services. A deep knowledge of the capabilities and constraints of the Hyperion suite of applications coupled with good understanding of business processes.
In collaboration with company customers, staff members, IT colleagues and other stakeholders to translate detailed customer requirements around the Enterprise Performance Management (Hyperion) environment, into system requirements and interfaces, assesses available technologies, and develops, as well as presents solutions as needed. Accurately foresee organizational impacts and understands the procedures associated with introducing new information technologies, while seeking ways to collaborate with other IT members. Demonstrate ability to complete and implement projects/enhancements successfully along with the level of expertise required to address projects/enhancements that are highly visible and have broad implications for the business. The individual has a proven ability to refresh technical knowledge and skills. They are conversant around the feature-functionality of Hyperion 11 EPM.
The ideal candidate will be experience with support management and experienced with Outsourced Support services. Additionally, they will be responsible for responding to and prioritizing daily support incidents as well as managing the delivery of Hyperion Service Requests (SRs). SRs include initiatives to improve infrastructure stability, improve or modify application functionality, correct data variances and address enhancement demand. This lead will work with Business department, Finance liaisons, and directly with the end users to understand, design and prioritize delivery of all Hyperion functionality.
- 3 years experience in Support Management
- 2 years experience working in or with an Outsourced Delivery Model
- 8 years experience with Consumer facing delivery of BI and Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) systems
- Working knowledge of Hyperion 11 EPM including ESSBASE, Planning
- Working knowledge of OBIEE products
- Accounting experience
- Finance experience
- Working knowledge of Informatica and Oracle Database technologies
For more information an to submit a resume about this position contact Dan
An EPM hosted/cloud based software company, is seeking a full-time Sr. Product Manager to join their product management team. This individual will be responsible for gathering requirements, translating them into implementable stories, and delivering high quality products to the enterprise performance management market for a new product that will complement their existing suite of products. The right candidate will be able to develop detailed specifications, communicate their business value across the organization and aggressively drive the iterative releases to their customers. If you want to move fast, experience exceptional growth, and make an impact on the enterprise performance management market this is the position for you.
- Defining product roadmap and setting engineering priorities.
- Writing and sharing functional specifications with the development and quality assurance (QA) teams.
- Designing new functionality with engineering and UX teams.
- Evangelizing product vision and benefits to customers, partners and internal stakeholders.
- Working with Marketing to create compelling product messaging internally and to the broader market.
- Analyzing competition and defining differentiated requirements.
- Evaluating product performance & utility of features with internal (support, services, sales) and external stakeholders (e.g. customers, partners).
- Lead research in areas in which the company is innovating.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience leading Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) Application software development projects.
- 5+ years experience as a Product Manager, Program Manager, or consultant having implemented enterprise software in a Finance, Operations, or Sales department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Management, Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Experience with defining user interface concepts, including conceptual discussions, review of wireframes/mockups, and final decision making.
- Understanding of majority of following concepts: continuous planning, statutory consolidations, financial analytics and visualization, data integration, multi-dimensional modeling, financial reporting.
- Proven ability to define and communicate product requirements to a broad audience (engineers, quality assurance, marketing, senior management), leveraging both verbal and written methods of communication.
- Independent thinker and self-starter that is able to research and present findings with minimal direction.
- Proficiency with following programs: MS Office, Atlassian Jira, Google Docs.
- Experience with the SaaS development model, cloud computing, and specifically the practice of Agile development methodologies.
- A strong detail-oriented problem solver.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong work ethic. Candidate will reject setbacks and enthusiastically persist until ambitious goals are achieved.
- Be resourceful and innovative when tackling complex challenges in a sustainable, proactive fashion.
- Passionate commitment to the Company and the profession. Furthers projects and the Company’s needs and implements a model of continuous improvement in both Company goals and project-related tasks.
- Results-oriented team player, who leads by example, is accountable for own performance, takes absolute ownership of tasks, and champions all aspects of initiatives.
- A high energy individual with a sense of urgency and an entrepreneurial attitude. Able to react to situations quickly and decisively, possessing self-confidence when taking a position, not afraid to make decisions.
- Flexible and adaptable to switch gears in various high-stress situations and quickly learn new technologies and adopt new methodologies.
- Creative sensibilities and strong communication skills.
- Self-starter – able to see what needs to be done and always willing to do it.
- Able to maintain a sense of good humor and not get flustered.
Location: San Francisco Bay Area,
For more information an to submit a resume about this position contact Dan
Tags: Software Product Manager jobs in SFO, in San Francisco, SaaS Product Manager, Cloud Product Manager, Bay Area SaaS Product Manager jobs, EPM Software Product Manager, Enterprise Performance Management, Software, Recruiter for Product Management in San Francisco, In Silicon Valley, in California