Hyperion Planning & Essbase Sr. Consultant for Financial
Systems Consulting Firm (EPM)
This position will provide a consultative component to customer’s efforts to expedite the ROI, and maximize the effectiveness, of their business performance management efforts. In this role you will act as a lead by implementing budgeting & planning solutions around the Oracle Hyperion Planning & Essbase suite of products
A Hyperion Planning / Essbase Consultant has in-depth knowledge with BPM/EPM and BI solutions, has a track record of successful large implementations and is capable as the lead and project manager on smaller projects. Ideally the consultant is certified in the product.
The Consultant must be self-sufficient and pro-active in managing their work, while maintaining appropriate communication and escalation to management. They should be able to work both independently and as part of a team, and be committed to continuously improving operations and profitability.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for creating, documenting, and implementing a scalable solution design and implementation plan.
- Has a deep understanding of project engagement methodology, core values and attitudes, business ethics, etc.
- Responsible for fee estimating and “value billing”, developing all standard project status reporting, and coordinating with other service lines, when necessary for resource or expertise sharing.
- Mentors and develops staff through coaching, recruiting, teamwork, self-directed learning and mentoring, and may also be responsible for managing small engagement teams (up to 3 individuals).
- Assist in pre-sales efforts to explain our services offerings to prospective clients.
- Identify opportunities for additional services.
This role requires a good attitude, strong business ethics, an analytical mind, the ability to think on your feet, and excellent customer skills.
- MBA or Bachelors with 5-7 years related work experience.
- Deep knowledge of Hyperion Planning and Essbase.
- Self-starter with high motivation to succeed.
- Team player with strong results orientation.
- Knowledge of financial accounting processes.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical background (consulting, banking, research).
- Excellent presentation and communication skills both written and verbal.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with BPM and/or BI solutions.
- Excellent technology skills related to product implementation.
- Experience with databases (Oracle, Essbase, etc.) a plus.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in basic computer skills and Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- This individual should have effective business writing skills and work paper documentation.
- Ability to complete implementation work without direction.
- Willingness to travel.