An international client in the Ann Arbor Michigan area is seeking a data analytics professional to join their Data Insights team which is responsible for leveraging multiple data sources including but not limited to point of sales, trackers, store locators, economics, demographics, marketing, promotional, weather conditions and web analytics into and delivering impactful information based on data insights for their business units that are best able to leverage that information. The client is looking for a full-time technical professional to join their team with a strong analytical background and a deep understanding of quantitative methods and statistical practices.
Responsibilities and duties:
Perform Important Company Analysis Projects
With the Business Insights Team, execute all phases of analysis, including:
- Work with various internal users to determine goals and expected results of initiatives to be analyzed
- Determining best testing methodologies leveraging statistical and analytical best practices
- Identify data anomalies and adjust analysis accordingly
- Isolate the incremental business impact of the project or business action
- Prepare and summarize results
Develop Best Practice Advanced Analytic tools for Standard Analysis
With the Business Insights Team, execute all phases of Tool Development
- Along with the Manager of Business Insights, research and design data analysis systems that are flexible to provide advanced analytics to common testing applications
- Coordinate with IT as needed to implement tools
- Examples include:
- Test vs. Control Methodology
- Estimated Contribution Margin per order
- Profitability and Net Promoter Scorecards
Work with other analysts and third-party analyst partners relating to:
- Leverage and share existing knowledge of company data sources, access methods, likely correlations and solutions
- Retain any key learnings from their analysis to further our collective knowledge and tools
Develop Models, with Team, to Address Complex Company Needs
With the Business Insights Team, develop sophisticated models to:
- Project results
- Isolate the impact from a particular activity
- Examples include:
- Store Siting
- Sales Forecasting
- Media Mix models
- Operational work flow models and simulations
- 3-5 years relevant work experience in Advanced Analytics, Business Intelligence, Econometrics, Statistics, Forecasting, Data Analysis or a related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Financial Engineering, Econometrics, Engineering or related field. Master’s degree a plus.
- Comprehensive understanding of advanced analysis techniques.
- Strong Statistical knowledge.
- Advanced excel skills.
- Ability to communicate sophisticated statistical terminology to non-technical users.
- Ability to work independently and with cross-functional teams.
- Proficient with manipulating large data sets in relational databases using SQL, and other query tools.
Click here to contact us about this position
Tags: Big Data Jobs, Data Analytics Jobs, Data Scientists, Data Scientists Recruiter, Big Data Recruiter, Data Jobs in Detroit MI, Jobs in Ann Arbor MI, Data Jobs in Michigan, Data Jobs
Senior Data Science Analyst Job
The client is seeking a Senior Digital Analyst with responsibility for collecting, analyzing and presenting data to improve decision making in our client’s high-growth online channel. This individual should have a high degree of curiosity about the business and the skills to discover impactful insights from data and communicate those insights in a way that builds confidence and drives business value.
- Partner with key stakeholders on large scale data problems.
- Mine complex digital behavioral data and transform it into actionable information.
- Apply expert level statistical analysis, data modeling, and predictive analysis on strategic and operational problems for the online business.
- Provide exceptional customer service through professionalism, ownership and initiative
- Demonstrate productivity through the efficient use of time and a commitment to strong results
- Establish a position and reputation for providing thought leadership in the field of digital measurement
- Degree, preferably MS or PhD in mathematics, statistics, operations research, computer science, engineering, econometrics, or similar quantitative analytics discipline. Published work is a plus.
- Extensive experience applying business logic to extract and cleanse large datasets from structured and unstructured data sources
- Working experience in building advanced statistical models.
- Solid programming skills with knowledge of R, SAS, SQL, Python or other data-extraction and analysis tools
- Experience applying visual elements to your data, preferably using data visualization tools such as Raphael, Flot, or WebGL.
- Experience working with distributed computing tools such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, etc.
- Experience using BI tools such as Microstrategy, Tableau or TIBCO Spotfire
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to non-experts
Presented by Donna Draper, Partner Fairwinds Recruiting
For more information contact us
Tags: Digital Analytics Association, Digital Analytics Jobs in Seattle, Data Science jobs, Data Scientists jobs Senior Digital Analytics, Analytics Professionals, Data Science Recruiter, Data Analytics Recruiter
The client is seeking an exceptional Business Intelligence / Data Scientist that will be part of a growing, world-class analytics team supporting their Enterprise Risk Management department. The analytics team is a key analytical resource within the company. We distill information, provide analysis, and utilize predictive analytics to support business leaders and enable data-driven decision-making. As a Data Analytics professional, you will be a key resource creating actionable business intelligence that supports and influences business decision-making. You will have the ability to see your insights and analytical products impact the business on a regular basis.
The Business Intelligence Analyst / Data Scientist will serve as a business intelligence, analytics, and problem solving specialist, responsible for integrating and analyzing data from multiple sources. You’ll be a “power-user” of the company’s information systems and data-sets. You’ll gain exposure to many areas in the company, including risk management, supply chain, EHS, operations, marketing, competitive intelligence, data warehousing, information technology, and strategic planning.
- Work with various business units to understand information needs and provide effective solutions.
- Develop solutions for generating specific metrics and, when required, collaborate with the enterprise information systems teams on implementation. Own critical processes that are central to the delivery of accurate metrics.
- Pull and model data in order to create dashboards and operational KPIs. Develop resulting key metrics and either publish via executive metrics dashboard or share ad-hoc analysis (often using slides) with stakeholders.
- Develop Business Intelligence, Data Warehouse and Reporting solutions to address a growing portfolio of business reporting, analytics and data requirements. Own and manage multiple business intelligence initiatives and work programs on regular and ad-hoc basis.
- 3-6 years of experience in a reporting & analytical role.
- In-depth experience analyzing data and creating reports with strong spreadsheet and database query experience (e.g. SQL).
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, combined with strong business judgment and an ability to present analysis in a clear and compelling manner.
- Tenacity in finding creative solutions to building BI data marts primarily using SQL; and managing data from multiple sources.
- Experience with SQL and data visualization tools such as Tableau.
- Experience using industry-leading BI tools for reporting and visualization (Tableau and MicroStrategy).
- Strong deck creation and presentation skills to highlight key business opportunities and gaps.
- Broad understanding of business processes and measurement of business success.
- Very high attention to detail and accuracy.
Additional Desirable Skills
- Experience in specific database platforms, SQL Server preferred, including stored procedures, functions, etc.
- Experience designing and implementing ETL packages in Microsoft Integration Services.
- BA/BS in a quantitative field or MBA.
The client’s employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, their customers and each other.
About the Client
The client invests heavily in their employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And they foster a supportive, people-first work environment.
Send us an email:
A leading EPM Cloud/SaaS Software company is seeking a Content Marketing Manager to drive their continued success as the leading cloud-based enterprise performance management (EPM) company.
A growing company that is going places is looking for high-energy individuals with exceptional talent who wants to be part of that success. A private company backed by leading venture capitalists and on a path to IPO
The Client partners with corporate finance (Financial Planning & Analysis leaders) to help them and their organizations achieve peak performance with the client’s EPM platform. It has everything companies need — planning, consolidation, modeling, reporting, and analytics — in one place, and accessible to everyone from anywhere. We help them automate these important processes to accelerate insights and shortening the time it takes to turn those insights into action. The result is a company that is nimble and efficient. Leading analyst firms such as Gartner, Nucleus Research and Dresner Advisory Services recognizes the client’s platform.
For this role they are looking for three core skills.
- Managing and creating content people actually want
- Sharing the content on the channels they use
- Measuring the results of content marketing activities
- Accountable for all content marketing initiatives to drive traffic, engagement, leads, that deliver leads and opportunities.
- Collaborate across marketing functions to deliver an effective content marketing strategy and editorial plan to meet the business objectives.
- Identify and create the content that their audience is looking for and then to optimize the path to conversion.
- Understand basic SEO principles, content categorization, and structure, content development, distribution and measurement.
- Ensure our content is consistent with brand message, voice, style and tone.
- Develop and manage the editorial calendar and organization workflows
- Manage and optimize digital content hubs and social channels including blog, email and newsletter distribution. This person must understand the basic best practices of the main channels, which content and approaches work on each and why.
- Management of all creative resources including employees, designers, writers, and other agency personnel.
- Integration of content programs with brand campaigns to drive brand to demand.
- Presentations on the program approaches and results will be required.
- BA/BS and two to five years work experience in a content management role
- Experience creating content for web, email, nurture and social channels
- Seeks to understand what the audience consumes, where they consume it, and how to create it
- Ability to analyze and present content and social performance
- Experience with top blog, web analytics and social channels
- Project management skills and understanding how to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders and focus on the delivery of results in the form of engagement, leads and sales.
Redwood City, CA
For More Details Contact Dan at Fairwinds Recruiting
Java API Software Developer Full Java Stack
A leader in Cloud-Based (SaaS) financial applications for budgeting, planning, consolidation, reporting, and analytics for Enterprise Performance Management (EPM), is seeking Java Software Developer (Java API) to join their team. The individual will be technically proficient with components of the Java stack. They will be part of a team developing world-class software solution around corporate financial planning and forecasting. The client is a fast growing, Pre-IPO company with offices around the globe.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 7+ years of software development experience
- Experience with Spring Framework
- Thorough knowledge of REST, including good API design and versioning
- Deep understanding of the full web technology stack (e.g. HTTP, cookies, caching)
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to other team members
- Strong leadership, communication and organizational skills
- Experience with agile development process
- Experience building SaaS products and/or enterprise web applications
- Experience building world-class web interfaces and applications
- Experience implementing a service-based architecture with Java in Spring Framework
- Experience with Angular2
Polo Alto, CA
A search conducted by Dan at Fairwinds Recruiting