Senior Data Science Analyst Job
The client is seeking a Senior Digital Analyst with responsibility for collecting, analyzing and presenting data to improve decision making in our client’s high-growth online channel. This individual should have a high degree of curiosity about the business and the skills to discover impactful insights from data and communicate those insights in a way that builds confidence and drives business value.
- Partner with key stakeholders on large scale data problems.
- Mine complex digital behavioral data and transform it into actionable information.
- Apply expert level statistical analysis, data modeling, and predictive analysis on strategic and operational problems for the online business.
- Provide exceptional customer service through professionalism, ownership and initiative
- Demonstrate productivity through the efficient use of time and a commitment to strong results
- Establish a position and reputation for providing thought leadership in the field of digital measurement
- Degree, preferably MS or PhD in mathematics, statistics, operations research, computer science, engineering, econometrics, or similar quantitative analytics discipline. Published work is a plus.
- Extensive experience applying business logic to extract and cleanse large datasets from structured and unstructured data sources
- Working experience in building advanced statistical models.
- Solid programming skills with knowledge of R, SAS, SQL, Python or other data-extraction and analysis tools
- Experience applying visual elements to your data, preferably using data visualization tools such as Raphael, Flot, or WebGL.
- Experience working with distributed computing tools such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, etc.
- Experience using BI tools such as Microstrategy, Tableau or TIBCO Spotfire
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to non-experts
Presented by Donna Draper, Partner Fairwinds Recruiting
For more information contact us
Tags: Digital Analytics Association, Digital Analytics Jobs in Seattle, Data Science jobs, Data Scientists jobs Senior Digital Analytics, Analytics Professionals, Data Science Recruiter, Data Analytics Recruiter
The client is seeking an exceptional Business Intelligence / Data Scientist that will be part of a growing, world-class analytics team supporting their Enterprise Risk Management department. The analytics team is a key analytical resource within the company. We distill information, provide analysis, and utilize predictive analytics to support business leaders and enable data-driven decision-making. As a Data Analytics professional, you will be a key resource creating actionable business intelligence that supports and influences business decision-making. You will have the ability to see your insights and analytical products impact the business on a regular basis.
The Business Intelligence Analyst / Data Scientist will serve as a business intelligence, analytics, and problem solving specialist, responsible for integrating and analyzing data from multiple sources. You’ll be a “power-user” of the company’s information systems and data-sets. You’ll gain exposure to many areas in the company, including risk management, supply chain, EHS, operations, marketing, competitive intelligence, data warehousing, information technology, and strategic planning.
- Work with various business units to understand information needs and provide effective solutions.
- Develop solutions for generating specific metrics and, when required, collaborate with the enterprise information systems teams on implementation. Own critical processes that are central to the delivery of accurate metrics.
- Pull and model data in order to create dashboards and operational KPIs. Develop resulting key metrics and either publish via executive metrics dashboard or share ad-hoc analysis (often using slides) with stakeholders.
- Develop Business Intelligence, Data Warehouse and Reporting solutions to address a growing portfolio of business reporting, analytics and data requirements. Own and manage multiple business intelligence initiatives and work programs on regular and ad-hoc basis.
- 3-6 years of experience in a reporting & analytical role.
- In-depth experience analyzing data and creating reports with strong spreadsheet and database query experience (e.g. SQL).
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, combined with strong business judgment and an ability to present analysis in a clear and compelling manner.
- Tenacity in finding creative solutions to building BI data marts primarily using SQL; and managing data from multiple sources.
- Experience with SQL and data visualization tools such as Tableau.
- Experience using industry-leading BI tools for reporting and visualization (Tableau and MicroStrategy).
- Strong deck creation and presentation skills to highlight key business opportunities and gaps.
- Broad understanding of business processes and measurement of business success.
- Very high attention to detail and accuracy.
Additional Desirable Skills
- Experience in specific database platforms, SQL Server preferred, including stored procedures, functions, etc.
- Experience designing and implementing ETL packages in Microsoft Integration Services.
- BA/BS in a quantitative field or MBA.
The client’s employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, their customers and each other.
About the Client
The client invests heavily in their employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And they foster a supportive, people-first work environment.
Send us an email:
Java API Software Developer Full Java Stack
A leader in Cloud-Based (SaaS) financial applications for budgeting, planning, consolidation, reporting, and analytics for Enterprise Performance Management (EPM), is seeking Java Software Developer (Java API) to join their team. The individual will be technically proficient with components of the Java stack. They will be part of a team developing world-class software solution around corporate financial planning and forecasting. The client is a fast growing, Pre-IPO company with offices around the globe.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 7+ years of software development experience
- Experience with Spring Framework
- Thorough knowledge of REST, including good API design and versioning
- Deep understanding of the full web technology stack (e.g. HTTP, cookies, caching)
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to other team members
- Strong leadership, communication and organizational skills
- Experience with agile development process
- Experience building SaaS products and/or enterprise web applications
- Experience building world-class web interfaces and applications
- Experience implementing a service-based architecture with Java in Spring Framework
- Experience with Angular2
Polo Alto, CA
A search conducted by Dan at Fairwinds Recruiting