A Hyperion/ Oracle Implementation consultancy in California has a job opening for a Sr. Hyperion Planning/ Essbase Consultant located in any U.S. city. The ideal candidate will have technical, business analysis and communication skills to join their growing consulting team. In this high-profile consultant position and you will work closely with their clients’ senior management, business users including finance managers and IT staff to design and implement mission-critical Budgeting Planing and/or Consolidations solutions utilizing Hyperion Planning / Essbase and Hyperion Financial Manager (HFM) as well as related tools.
Utilizing your communication skills and ability to understand client needs, you will craft functional requirements and specifications. Leveraging your software expertise and business modeling experience, design and develop customized Hyperion Planning and Oracle Essbase solutions. Additionally, document the solutions and train users and administrators.
A proven track record of at least 3 years designing and implementing solutions in Oracle Essbase and Hyperion Planning (version 11.x required, System 11), ideally including the Workforce Planning and Capital Asset Planning modules. Expertise should include business requirements analysis, solution design and development, integration with data sources, implementation of security and workflow, and performance tuning.
- Thorough experience with Hyperion’s reporting tools, i.e. Web Analysis, Financial.
- Reporting, and SmartView.
- Knowledge of EPMA for Outline management as well as Essbase Studio is strongly desired.
- A plus if implementation experience with other products in the Hyperion EPM Suite.
- Financial analysis and modeling
- Ability to understand “business” as well as “IT” and to derive clarity from ambiguity when gathering business requirements
- Very effective communication skills, in speaking and writing
- Works well under deadlines
- Self-motivated, yet enjoys working as a member of a team
- Ability to grasp the big picture while assuring the details are in place
- Strong client-centric attitude and desire to deliver outstanding value
Presented by Dan Counts, Fairwinds Recruiting
To apply email us
A premium consultancy for Hyperion implementation services is seeking an HFM Solutions Architect/Consultant to join their practice. This leading position will provide an expert consultative component in the clients’ ongoing efforts to provide best practices and maximize the effectiveness, of their customers’ Enterprise Performance Management solutions with the Hyperion Financial Management tool. In this role the HFM Architect will act as a business solution or technical systems expert from the client base, creating Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) and business intelligence (BI) solution visions and solutions that can be implemented over time.
As an Architect, with expert knowledge with EPM and BI solutions and has a track record of successful large HFM implementations and is capable of creating and documenting estimates, designs, and plans for complex high profile projects.
Must be self-sufficient and pro-active in managing their work, while maintaining appropriate communication and escalation to management. They should be able to work both independently and as part of a team, and be committed to continuously improving operations and profitability.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for creating, documenting, and implementing a scalable solution design and implementation plan.
- Provides technical expertise and hands on implementation work during critical project milestones.
- Lead pre-sales activities (as needed) to develop solution offerings and presentations, and to demonstrate, present and explain our services offerings to prospective clients.
- Has a deep understanding of engagement methodology, core values, attitudes, business ethics, etc., and actively promotes them with other staff.
- Mentor and develop staff through coaching, recruiting, teamwork, self-directed learning and mentoring, and may also be responsible for managing medium engagement teams (up to 5 individuals).
- Assist in pre-sales efforts to explain our services offerings to prospective clients.
- Identify opportunities for additional consulting services.
This role requires a good attitude, strong business ethics, an analytic mind, the ability to think on your feet, and excellent customer skills.
- MBA, Masters or Bachelors with 8-10 years related work experience.
- Self-starter with high motivation to succeed.
- Team player with strong results orientation.
- Knowledge of financial accounting processes.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical background (consulting, banking, research)
- Must have excellent presentation and communication skills and the ability to gain the confidence of business executives.
- Excellent technology skills related to product implementation.
- Deep knowledge of Hyperion Financial Manager or related product
- Experience with databases (Oracle, Essbase, etc.)
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in basic computer skills and Microsoft office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- In-depth, detailed product knowledge combined with very strong business or technical expertise.
About the Client:
The company is aggressively growing, was originally founded in 2000, and is known as a leader in providing EPM and Business Intelligence solutions to Fortune 1000 companies throughout the US. They offer a very competitive salary, a lively working environment, great benefits including stock/equity options along with 401(k) company matching, and a sizable bonus structure.
Presented by Dan Counts President/Founder Fairwinds Recruiting
Click here to apply
A leading Hyperion EPM Systems Integration consultancy is seeking a Hyperion Solutions Administrator to join their team in and on going effort to support their client’s Hyperion environment. The client offer a competitive salary, great company culture & camaraderie, a stellar management team, and career advancement for the right individual.
A Solutions Administrator has hands-on knowledge of Oracle Hyperion Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) solutions and a track record of administrating enterprise-scale EPM solutions. A successfully acquired and applies core product training to the day-to-day operations critical to Oracle Hyperion Essbase, Planning, and Financial Management systems. The Solutions Administrator is able to perform all routine production support and system monitoring activities independently.
This position provides an integral support component to the company’s ongoing efforts to expedite the ROI and maximize the effectiveness of their Oracle Hyperion EPM solutions consulting practice. In this key support role, the Solutions Administrator acts as a key interface to client base by delivering exceptional application support to a variety of their departments and end-users.
As an employee of a premium EPM consultancy, the Solutions Administrator must be self-sufficient and proactive in managing their work, while maintaining appropriate communication and escalation to management. They should be able to work both independently and as part of a team, and be committed to continuously improving operations and profitability.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Customer Service — Deliver quality systems administration and support to customers, participate in internal and client status calls and team meetings, document productivity in weekly activity reports and escalate issues internally and externally as needed.
- System Administration — Load and validate data, maintain metadata, update and run calculations and consolidations, manage security, (re)start Hyperion services, inform on patch and version releases, execute backup, failover and recovery procedures.
- Service Desk & Support — Troubleshoot end user configuration and application issues, assist with data reconciliation and investigations, escalate software defects to Oracle.
- Reporting & Analytics — Create and maintain SmartView sheets, application web forms, and Excel-based ad hoc reports, create and maintain individual reports and report repository in Hyperion Reports.
- Documentation & Transition — Document existing system administration, service desk, and reporting procedures, document service desk issues and associated resolutions, transition system knowledge to new or replacement support staff, communicate personal and system status to company and Client management.
- Firm Building — Assist presales efforts to explain the services offerings to prospective clients, identify opportunities for additional consulting services, participate in mentorship, recruiting, and marketing opportunities as needed.
This role requires a great attitude, strong business ethics, an analytical mind, the ability to think on your feet, and excellent customer communication skills.
- Bachelors degree with 3-7 years related work experience
- Experience with planning, forecasting, and financial accounting processes
- Hands-on participation delivering or supporting at least one EPM solution utilizing core products and related systems and software including: Oracle Hyperion Planning, Oracle Hyperion Essbase, Oracle Hyperion Financial Management (HFM), Business Rules, Calculation Manager, Load Rules, Calculation Scripts, Data Relationship Management (DRM), FDQM, Enterprise Performance Management Architect (EPMA), Oracle Data Integrator (ODI), Hyperion Application Link (HAL), Financial Reports (FR), Smart View, etc.
- Hands-on experience with support ticket tracking systems a plus
- Willingness to travel up to 25%
To apply, contact Dan at Fairwinds Recruiting.
Hyperion Planning Systems Manager
As an employee of a $7 Billion global company with over 79 location in 21 counties this position will develop and maintain the enterprise-wide financial system strategy to drive Hyperion system, information requirements, financial system improvements, conversions and upgrades. The position works very closely with Corporate Controller function to strategize and develop the Hyperion tools in order to support the fast-changing business needs of financial information. The position requires a detailed understanding of Hyperion Planning, Essbase and some knowledge of FDM and Hyperion Financial Manager (HFM) to support a global base of power users.
- Ensure global accounting, planning, forecasting and reporting systems to meet business needs while effectively mitigating operational and financial risks
- Build, maintain and run financial reports in Hyperion Financial Reporting Studio and ensure monthly close process runs smoothly with Hyperion Planning applications by assisting with any issues loading the actual monthly files
- Responsible for strategizing and developing new tools and views in order to support the fast-changing needs of the business
- Monitor system performance and troubleshoot Hyperion systems and process
- Development of the enterprise-wide financial system strategy (to drive all Hyperion system and information requirements and for financial system improvements, and oversight for conversions, patches, and upgrades)
- Interface across several departments acting as a visionary, to proactively assist in defining direction for future Hyperion initiatives and understand the downstream impact of system changes
- Mentor business teams by providing support for, year-end system/process analysis, planning/forecasting improvements, and overall financial system direction.
Hyperion Systems Responsibilities:
- Single point of contact and primary power user with an understanding of the architecture and system design
- Maintain metadata and ongoing maintenance
- Load data to Planning via FDM and reconcile source systems, and automate controls over the transfer of system data files
- Primary liaison with IT/technical support
- Develop, lead and facilitate all training activities, globally, and work with end users to enhance the application process resulting in a stable production environment
- System/data integrity, business validation, follow up and corrective action – development of data validation points and controls
- Change management: prioritize incidents & change requests, maintain user security, master data management/governance, maintain operational definitions and document processes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, IT or related field
- Experience with Oracle Hyperion, Planning Essbase, Financial Reporting and of FDM for data loads into Planning from HFM
- 5+ years of Hyperion Planning Essbase System Administration SQL, combined accounting and/or reporting experience in a global organization
- Project planning and documentation skills and strong time management capabilities
- Ability to work with people across multiple disciplines
- Ability to work independently and possess strong problem solving skills
- Customer service oriented with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with other cultures (Latin America, China, Europe, etc.)
- Experience with process improvement methodologies, such as LSS
- Must be authorized to work in the country in which you are applying for a position.
- Travel Requirements less than 10%
Search conducted by Dan Counts of Fairwinds Recruiting
To apply or email us about this position click here