A leader in cloud-based (SaaS) financial applications for budgeting, planning, consolidation, reporting, and analytics for enterprise performance management (EPM), is seeking a Solutions Architect to provide oversight on product deployment/implementations for new customers. The client is a fast-growing, private company backed by leading venture with offices around the globe.
- A strong track record managing successful software project life cycles.
- Experience managing projects with a minimum of three resources 6 months in length.
- 5 plus years managing projects supporting finance activities, i.e. treasury systems, ERP, EPM, GL or Payroll systems or EPM solutions such as Hyperion, Cognos, BPC/OutlookSoft, others.
- Managed vendor and client side relationship for a team of 5 or more including scope, resources & dollars.
- Possess the ability to identify, track, monitor and communicate project related issues, scope changes, variances and contingencies that may arise during the project life cycle.
- Needs to have strong ability to interact with the sales team on sales calls similar to a pre-sales engineer.
- Outgoing driven personality capable of providing persuasive presentations for prospective customers as well as the management team.
- Be part of the professional services team and will be helping the team drive metrics and margins (billable resource).
- Ability to hold whiteboard discussions interacting with clients for requirements gathering exercises and building those into a functional spec/design for implementation of the solution by a Project Manager.
- Ability to run multiple cycles simultaneously with oversight of the Project Manager.
- Self-sufficient requiring little to no management and oversight.
- Advanced Knowledge of MS Excel (MS Suite) and MS Projects are essential.
- Ability to travel 30% of the time.
Skills and Experience
- BS in Accounting or Finance or MBA.
- Strong organization, written and communication skills.
- Strong sense of urgency, attention to detail, quick learner, highly organized and proactive.
- The ability to multitask and handle tight deadlines and timeframes.
- The ability to communicate with and manage project team, executive stakeholders and steering committee expectations.
- The ability to create and manage forecasted revenue and expense by project.
- Experience documenting, developing and presenting business process and requirements.
- Demonstrates strong analytics, collaboration and problem solving skills.
- Strong history of working in a fast pace environment.
Nice to Have
- Experience with enterprise planning software and/or financial application software.
- Have worked for a SaaS company before
- Have worked for a software company before
- Has managed their own utilization target
- Certified in PMP.
- Prior EPM/ CPM implementation experience (i.e. Cognos, Hyperion, BPC/OutlookSoft, TM1 etc.)
Location: Location: Boston, New York, Atlanta, DC, Dallas, Chicago, San Francisco
To apply, contact Dan at Fairwinds Recruiting.