An international client in the Ann Arbor Michigan area is seeking a data analytics professional to join their Data Insights team which is responsible for leveraging multiple data sources including but not limited to point of sales, trackers, store locators, economics, demographics, marketing, promotional, weather conditions and web analytics into and delivering impactful information based on data insights for their business units that are best able to leverage that information. The client is looking for a full-time technical professional to join their team with a strong analytical background and a deep understanding of quantitative methods and statistical practices.
Responsibilities and duties:
Perform Important Company Analysis Projects
With the Business Insights Team, execute all phases of analysis, including:
- Work with various internal users to determine goals and expected results of initiatives to be analyzed
- Determining best testing methodologies leveraging statistical and analytical best practices
- Identify data anomalies and adjust analysis accordingly
- Isolate the incremental business impact of the project or business action
- Prepare and summarize results
Develop Best Practice Advanced Analytic tools for Standard Analysis
With the Business Insights Team, execute all phases of Tool Development
- Along with the Manager of Business Insights, research and design data analysis systems that are flexible to provide advanced analytics to common testing applications
- Coordinate with IT as needed to implement tools
- Examples include:
- Test vs. Control Methodology
- Estimated Contribution Margin per order
- Profitability and Net Promoter Scorecards
Work with other analysts and third-party analyst partners relating to:
- Leverage and share existing knowledge of company data sources, access methods, likely correlations and solutions
- Retain any key learnings from their analysis to further our collective knowledge and tools
Develop Models, with Team, to Address Complex Company Needs
With the Business Insights Team, develop sophisticated models to:
- Project results
- Isolate the impact from a particular activity
- Examples include:
- Store Siting
- Sales Forecasting
- Media Mix models
- Operational work flow models and simulations
- 3-5 years relevant work experience in Advanced Analytics, Business Intelligence, Econometrics, Statistics, Forecasting, Data Analysis or a related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Financial Engineering, Econometrics, Engineering or related field. Master’s degree a plus.
- Comprehensive understanding of advanced analysis techniques.
- Strong Statistical knowledge.
- Advanced excel skills.
- Ability to communicate sophisticated statistical terminology to non-technical users.
- Ability to work independently and with cross-functional teams.
- Proficient with manipulating large data sets in relational databases using SQL, and other query tools.