Business Intelligence Principal Lead Consultant
New England or East Coast USA
The client provides high value services to its clients. Through the effective application of technologies like Business Intelligence, Data Integration and Management, Enterprise and Cloud Computing, they help customers implement the right IT solutions to empower business innovation and dynamic scalability.
Founded nearly 20 years ago they have grown the practice to include Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Data Analytics, Business Analytics and Infrastructure throughout the North Eastern seaboard and New England areas.
Lead the architecture and delivery of business intelligence solutions for the client, acting as the project focal point for specific areas while contributing insight and guidance to other interdependent groups. Demonstrate command of broad project issues with extensive hands-on involvement and ability to adapt to changes and influence direction. Develop an in-depth understanding of their client’s data and functional needs and organize and manage execution of work as an individual or team-lead working on small to large size projects with up to a high level of complexity. Mentors less experienced staff engaged at other clients. Serve as pre-sales expert to impress prospects as needed. Work with minimal supervision. Work directly with the client and travel to the client site.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Lead the data and requirements analysis, design, implementation and planning process.
- Perform hands-on tasks as required, typically in areas of high complexity. Provide technical architecture guidance, including contractors and customer project staff.
- Be the project focal point with client management and ensure successful delivery with high customer satisfaction
- Lead small teams with responsibility for task delegation, supervision and status reporting.
- Manage team to meet plan and budget hours with high customer satisfaction.
- Mentor less experienced co-workers working on other projects, guiding their approach and formally assessing and recommending appropriate training and professional development
- Support pre-sales activities as needed
- Write white papers and best practices papers
- Understand and adhere to all confidentiality and security policies
- Flexibility to travel as business dictates
Essential Education, Skills, and Environment:
Education and Work Experience:
- MS degree in computer science, engineering or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience plus 5 years’ experience with business intelligence, ETL and database tools with a thorough understanding of dimensional modeling and relevant data concepts
- B.S. in computer science, engineering or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience plus five years’ experience with business intelligence, ETL and database tools with a thorough understanding of dimensional modeling and relevant data concepts
- At least 3+ years of working in a consulting capacity
Specialized knowledge and Skills:
- Strong Proficiency of at least one business domain (supply-chain, CRM, etc.).
- Strong Proficiency of development methodologies, QA fundamentals, and project management.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
- Strong communication and “client-facing” skills