The client is seeking an exceptional Business Intelligence / Data Scientist that will be part of a growing, world-class analytics team supporting their Enterprise Risk Management department. The analytics team is a key analytical resource within the company. We distill information, provide analysis, and utilize predictive analytics to support business leaders and enable data-driven decision-making. As a Data Analytics professional, you will be a key resource creating actionable business intelligence that supports and influences business decision-making. You will have the ability to see your insights and analytical products impact the business on a regular basis.
The Business Intelligence Analyst / Data Scientist will serve as a business intelligence, analytics, and problem solving specialist, responsible for integrating and analyzing data from multiple sources. You’ll be a “power-user” of the company’s information systems and data-sets. You’ll gain exposure to many areas in the company, including risk management, supply chain, EHS, operations, marketing, competitive intelligence, data warehousing, information technology, and strategic planning.
- Work with various business units to understand information needs and provide effective solutions.
- Develop solutions for generating specific metrics and, when required, collaborate with the enterprise information systems teams on implementation. Own critical processes that are central to the delivery of accurate metrics.
- Pull and model data in order to create dashboards and operational KPIs. Develop resulting key metrics and either publish via executive metrics dashboard or share ad-hoc analysis (often using slides) with stakeholders.
- Develop Business Intelligence, Data Warehouse and Reporting solutions to address a growing portfolio of business reporting, analytics and data requirements. Own and manage multiple business intelligence initiatives and work programs on regular and ad-hoc basis.
- 3-6 years of experience in a reporting & analytical role.
- In-depth experience analyzing data and creating reports with strong spreadsheet and database query experience (e.g. SQL).
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, combined with strong business judgment and an ability to present analysis in a clear and compelling manner.
- Tenacity in finding creative solutions to building BI data marts primarily using SQL; and managing data from multiple sources.
- Experience with SQL and data visualization tools such as Tableau.
- Experience using industry-leading BI tools for reporting and visualization (Tableau and MicroStrategy).
- Strong deck creation and presentation skills to highlight key business opportunities and gaps.
- Broad understanding of business processes and measurement of business success.
- Very high attention to detail and accuracy.
Additional Desirable Skills
- Experience in specific database platforms, SQL Server preferred, including stored procedures, functions, etc.
- Experience designing and implementing ETL packages in Microsoft Integration Services.
- BA/BS in a quantitative field or MBA.
The client’s employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, their customers and each other.
About the Client
The client invests heavily in their employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And they foster a supportive, people-first work environment.
Send us an email:
Business Intelligence Principal Architect
New England or East Coast USA
Drive the end-to-end technical, functional and process architecture, establishing thought-leadership with the client and serving as program architect from small to large business intelligence engagements. Demonstrate command of wide ranging issues with extensive hands-on involvement. Develop an in-depth understanding of the client’s data, systems, business, and personnel to frame architecture and project approach and plans that deliver on goals. Understand organizational, political and financial levers to optimize the client’s position and direct project staff accordingly. Operates with wide latitude for independent judgment. Mentor and guide less experienced employees engaged at other clients. May develop and mentor employees, establishing professional goals and reviewing performance. Serve as pre-sales expert to impress prospects as needed. Work directly with the client and travel to the client site.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Lead the data and requirements analysis, design, implementation and planning process. Perform hands-on tasks as required, typically in areas of high complexity. Provide technical architecture guidance to clients, including contractors, and customer project staff
- Be the project and engagement focal point with client management and ensure successful delivery with high customer satisfaction
- Explore client needs, propose compelling solution approaches, explain concepts and benefits to diverse IT and business audiences
- Lead the project team(s) with responsibility for task delegation, supervision and status reporting. Manage teams to meet plan and budget hours with high customer satisfaction. Serve as escalation point for issues beyond project team authority; resolve conflicts involving scheduling, resources, or technical issues
- Oversee project financial targets including all expense management and constantly ensure alignment with client budget expectations. Assist with billing and invoice collection when specifically requested by Finance Department.
- Identify and pursue opportunities for additional work and projects.
- Mentor less experienced co-workers working on other projects, guiding their approach and formally assessing and recommending appropriate training and professional development
- Write white papers and best practices papers. Research technology trends and contribute to planning and strategy.
- Understand and adhere to all confidentiality and security policies and ensure team compliance
- Ensure time is entered into CTI project accounting system in a timely manner
- Flexibility to travel as business dictates
Education and Work Experience:
- B.S. or MS degree in computer science, business or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience or equivalent experience.
- Ten plus years experience with business intelligence, ETL and database tools
- At least 5 years of working in a consulting capacity.
Specialized knowledge and Skills:
- Advanced proficiency in dimensional modeling and relevant data concepts
- Advanced proficiency of development methodologies, QA fundamentals, and project management.
- Advanced proficiency of 3 or more business domains (supply-chain, CRM, etc.).
- Expert in implementation of highly complex data integration/business intelligence projects
- Proven ability to meet designated deadlines and professional business practices and demonstrated ability to manage multiple initiatives.
- Excellent consultative skills, including analysis, influencing, negotiation, account management, and relationship building.
- Demonstrated ability to identify new business opportunities and serve effectively as liaison between company and customer.
- Excellent verbal and listening skills and the ability to conduct presentations. Excellent writing and editing skills needed for white papers, proposals, and transferring information to customers and individuals involved in projects.
- Must have a high level of initiative and sound independent judgment
Interested? Contact Dan or Donna at Fairwinds Recruiting
Tags: OBIEE, Oracle eBusiness Suite, EBS, Oracle Recruiter, eBusiness Jobs, eBusiness recruiter, BI jobs Boston, New England, New Jersey, New York, Philadelphia, Practice Leader jobs,