An international client in the Ann Arbor Michigan area is seeking a data analytics professional to join their Data Insights team which is responsible for leveraging multiple data sources including but not limited to point of sales, trackers, store locators, economics, demographics, marketing, promotional, weather conditions and web analytics into and delivering impactful information based on data insights for their business units that are best able to leverage that information. The client is looking for a full-time technical professional to join their team with a strong analytical background and a deep understanding of quantitative methods and statistical practices.
Responsibilities and duties:
Perform Important Company Analysis Projects
With the Business Insights Team, execute all phases of analysis, including:
- Work with various internal users to determine goals and expected results of initiatives to be analyzed
- Determining best testing methodologies leveraging statistical and analytical best practices
- Identify data anomalies and adjust analysis accordingly
- Isolate the incremental business impact of the project or business action
- Prepare and summarize results
Develop Best Practice Advanced Analytic tools for Standard Analysis
With the Business Insights Team, execute all phases of Tool Development
- Along with the Manager of Business Insights, research and design data analysis systems that are flexible to provide advanced analytics to common testing applications
- Coordinate with IT as needed to implement tools
- Examples include:
- Test vs. Control Methodology
- Estimated Contribution Margin per order
- Profitability and Net Promoter Scorecards
Work with other analysts and third-party analyst partners relating to:
- Leverage and share existing knowledge of company data sources, access methods, likely correlations and solutions
- Retain any key learnings from their analysis to further our collective knowledge and tools
Develop Models, with Team, to Address Complex Company Needs
With the Business Insights Team, develop sophisticated models to:
- Project results
- Isolate the impact from a particular activity
- Examples include:
- Store Siting
- Sales Forecasting
- Media Mix models
- Operational work flow models and simulations
- 3-5 years relevant work experience in Advanced Analytics, Business Intelligence, Econometrics, Statistics, Forecasting, Data Analysis or a related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Financial Engineering, Econometrics, Engineering or related field. Master’s degree a plus.
- Comprehensive understanding of advanced analysis techniques.
- Strong Statistical knowledge.
- Advanced excel skills.
- Ability to communicate sophisticated statistical terminology to non-technical users.
- Ability to work independently and with cross-functional teams.
- Proficient with manipulating large data sets in relational databases using SQL, and other query tools.
Click here to contact us about this position
Tags: Big Data Jobs, Data Analytics Jobs, Data Scientists, Data Scientists Recruiter, Big Data Recruiter, Data Jobs in Detroit MI, Jobs in Ann Arbor MI, Data Jobs in Michigan, Data Jobs
The client is seeking an exceptional Business Intelligence / Data Scientist that will be part of a growing, world-class analytics team supporting their Enterprise Risk Management department. The analytics team is a key analytical resource within the company. We distill information, provide analysis, and utilize predictive analytics to support business leaders and enable data-driven decision-making. As a Data Analytics professional, you will be a key resource creating actionable business intelligence that supports and influences business decision-making. You will have the ability to see your insights and analytical products impact the business on a regular basis.
The Business Intelligence Analyst / Data Scientist will serve as a business intelligence, analytics, and problem solving specialist, responsible for integrating and analyzing data from multiple sources. You’ll be a “power-user” of the company’s information systems and data-sets. You’ll gain exposure to many areas in the company, including risk management, supply chain, EHS, operations, marketing, competitive intelligence, data warehousing, information technology, and strategic planning.
- Work with various business units to understand information needs and provide effective solutions.
- Develop solutions for generating specific metrics and, when required, collaborate with the enterprise information systems teams on implementation. Own critical processes that are central to the delivery of accurate metrics.
- Pull and model data in order to create dashboards and operational KPIs. Develop resulting key metrics and either publish via executive metrics dashboard or share ad-hoc analysis (often using slides) with stakeholders.
- Develop Business Intelligence, Data Warehouse and Reporting solutions to address a growing portfolio of business reporting, analytics and data requirements. Own and manage multiple business intelligence initiatives and work programs on regular and ad-hoc basis.
- 3-6 years of experience in a reporting & analytical role.
- In-depth experience analyzing data and creating reports with strong spreadsheet and database query experience (e.g. SQL).
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, combined with strong business judgment and an ability to present analysis in a clear and compelling manner.
- Tenacity in finding creative solutions to building BI data marts primarily using SQL; and managing data from multiple sources.
- Experience with SQL and data visualization tools such as Tableau.
- Experience using industry-leading BI tools for reporting and visualization (Tableau and MicroStrategy).
- Strong deck creation and presentation skills to highlight key business opportunities and gaps.
- Broad understanding of business processes and measurement of business success.
- Very high attention to detail and accuracy.
Additional Desirable Skills
- Experience in specific database platforms, SQL Server preferred, including stored procedures, functions, etc.
- Experience designing and implementing ETL packages in Microsoft Integration Services.
- BA/BS in a quantitative field or MBA.
The client’s employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, their customers and each other.
About the Client
The client invests heavily in their employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And they foster a supportive, people-first work environment.
Send us an email: