Business Intelligence Principal Architect
New England or East Coast USA
Drive the end-to-end technical, functional and process architecture, establishing thought-leadership with the client and serving as program architect from small to large business intelligence engagements. Demonstrate command of wide ranging issues with extensive hands-on involvement. Develop an in-depth understanding of the client’s data, systems, business, and personnel to frame architecture and project approach and plans that deliver on goals. Understand organizational, political and financial levers to optimize the client’s position and direct project staff accordingly. Operates with wide latitude for independent judgment. Mentor and guide less experienced employees engaged at other clients. May develop and mentor employees, establishing professional goals and reviewing performance. Serve as pre-sales expert to impress prospects as needed. Work directly with the client and travel to the client site.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Lead the data and requirements analysis, design, implementation and planning process. Perform hands-on tasks as required, typically in areas of high complexity. Provide technical architecture guidance to clients, including contractors, and customer project staff
- Be the project and engagement focal point with client management and ensure successful delivery with high customer satisfaction
- Explore client needs, propose compelling solution approaches, explain concepts and benefits to diverse IT and business audiences
- Lead the project team(s) with responsibility for task delegation, supervision and status reporting. Manage teams to meet plan and budget hours with high customer satisfaction. Serve as escalation point for issues beyond project team authority; resolve conflicts involving scheduling, resources, or technical issues
- Oversee project financial targets including all expense management and constantly ensure alignment with client budget expectations. Assist with billing and invoice collection when specifically requested by Finance Department.
- Identify and pursue opportunities for additional work and projects.
- Mentor less experienced co-workers working on other projects, guiding their approach and formally assessing and recommending appropriate training and professional development
- Write white papers and best practices papers. Research technology trends and contribute to planning and strategy.
- Understand and adhere to all confidentiality and security policies and ensure team compliance
- Ensure time is entered into CTI project accounting system in a timely manner
- Flexibility to travel as business dictates
Education and Work Experience:
- B.S. or MS degree in computer science, business or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience or equivalent experience.
- Ten plus years experience with business intelligence, ETL and database tools
- At least 5 years of working in a consulting capacity.
Specialized knowledge and Skills:
- Advanced proficiency in dimensional modeling and relevant data concepts
- Advanced proficiency of development methodologies, QA fundamentals, and project management.
- Advanced proficiency of 3 or more business domains (supply-chain, CRM, etc.).
- Expert in implementation of highly complex data integration/business intelligence projects
- Proven ability to meet designated deadlines and professional business practices and demonstrated ability to manage multiple initiatives.
- Excellent consultative skills, including analysis, influencing, negotiation, account management, and relationship building.
- Demonstrated ability to identify new business opportunities and serve effectively as liaison between company and customer.
- Excellent verbal and listening skills and the ability to conduct presentations. Excellent writing and editing skills needed for white papers, proposals, and transferring information to customers and individuals involved in projects.
- Must have a high level of initiative and sound independent judgment