A leading material company in the Denver Colorado area is seeking a strong Hyperion Planning/Essbase administrator with a strong finance background to join their team. The company has been aggressively growing predominantly thorough acquisitions providing products such as heavy-side building materials, aggregates, Ready-Mix Concrete, Cement, Asphalt paving and construction to industry.
They offer world class benefits including medical insurance, 401K matching, short term& long term disability an a competitive salary with room for advancement for the right candidate.
Hyperion Planning Administrator will work closely with the Finance and Operating Units to coordinate the Budget/Forecast Process for Hyperion Planning, design and prepare recurring and ad hoc budget/forecast tools and reports for Executive management, and perform other related reporting and analysis tasks, as requested. Candidate will also assist in effectively implementing Hyperion Planning on-going development and enhancements across the organization. Candidate must be highly motivated with a team focus, and a desire to produce results.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Primary developer/administrator in the on-going development and enhancement of the Hyperion Planning application.
- Build out requirements and develop associated implementations schedules, identify and work with project stakeholders.
- Example Projects could be: Detail Equipment Model, 3 year Plan, Detailed Rolling Reforecasts, etc.
- Oversee/coordinate complete business development cycle from requirements gathering, development, testing, to final sign off.
- Coordinate with Finance, Performance Teams, and Operating Units the annual Budget process and periodic Forecasting in the Hyperion Planning application.
- Includes creating or assisting with application development and support documentation.
- Work alongside HFM Administrator to support/coordinate as needed shared resources:
- Hyperion FDM data interfaces – Manage and/or troubleshoot the load of data files into the Hyperion applications.
- EPMA Maintenance – Management of shared metadata new and updates to existing metadata/artifacts. Evaluate requirements, develop the design, and implement organizational changes in the application. Perform application changes to entities, accounts, calculations/business rules, and data.
- Reporting – Management/Development of meaningful reports from source applications.
- Training – Coordinate periodic New and Super User Trainings. This includes creating/maintaining applicable meaningful training and support documentation.
- Data Syncing & Reconciliation between the Hyperion applications.
- Quarterly updates/migration of DEV to Prod (vice versa) environments and testing of New Releases/Patches.
- Security – Manage the integration of new users into the application.
- Perform application troubleshooting, as necessary for Hyperion Planning, HFM and FDM.
- A B.S. in Accounting or Finance from an accredited college or university.
- At least five years of experience in financial and operational reporting.
- At least five years of experience as an advanced user or administrator of Hyperion Planning/Essbase or similar application system.
- Experience in the development and maintenance of financial reports using analytic applications or other source databases.
- Typically an experienced financial analyst who is adept at problem-solving and is the group’s Excel guru.
- Very knowledgeable with the Finance group’s business operations and processes.
- Willingness to travel to support end-users, troubleshooting and training, as necessary.
Additional considerations for determining a “good fit” or emphasis of essential qualities:
The central functions of this staff member will be to lead the systems administration function for our Hyperion Planning application and provide backup to the HFM Administrator in the application support of the monthly close/consolidation process. These tasks will require proficiency in Hyperion Planning, HFM, FDM and Excel. Tasks will include: application and report development and maintenance, extensive communication with the company’s operating units, and communication of status and results to management.
In addition, the candidate will provide training and consultation to business unit users of Hyperion which is a critical component of this position and may include some travel. The candidate will also provide application support for the general financial budget/forecast reporting and analysis functions. This will be accomplished through report development, preparation, review, and communication with operating units and research.
Critical skills include a strong computer aptitude in order to become proficient in our financial planning and consolidation system, strong verbal communication skills in order to brief stakeholders and the like on project statuses and issues encountered, and the ability to help enforce corporate policies and timetables. Candidates must demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to work to deadlines.
The candidate must be able to work with minimal direction and be effective in a small, team-oriented department. Must be capable of building strong working relationships with staff within the company’s operating units, as well as be willing to provide off-hours emergency support as required.
To apply Contact Dan Counts, President, Fairwinds Recruiting