Fairwinds Recruiting a specialize the search and placement firm for Hyperion professionals has an immediate opening for a Los Angeles-based client seeking a Hyperion Financial Systems administrator. The client is a global leader in professional services with more than 400,000 customers nationwide and 220 service locations across the United States.
The BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST is responsible for the analysis, design and implementations of the Hyperion Applications suite, which includes the analysis, design, configuration and the testing of the Hyperion Application modules. The Business Systems Analyst will serve as the administrator of Hyperion planning, building and testing of Hyperion ESSBASE scripts.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Will gather requirements, writing specifications and coordinating implementation of projects and system changes for Hyperion Applications. Specifically with Hyperion Planning, Essbase, Reporting Cubes, Work-Force Planning, Capital Planning, Financial Data Management (FDM), and Oracle Data Integrator (ODI).
- Performs analysis, design, development, testing and maintenance of financial and operational statements using Hyperion Financial Reporting and Hyperion Smart View.
- Will perform Hyperion applications performance analysis and optimization (Hyperion configuration settings, outline optimization, Essbase cache management, and Java applications memory management).
- Performs Hyperion Database and Security Administration tasks (applications configuration, patching, backup, recovery, and process automation) using Hyperion Shared Services, Hyperion Lifecycle Management, Hyperion EPMA, Hyperion Workspace, and Essbase Administration Services.
- Builds and troubleshoots Essbase Cube based Rules Files and Scripts (Calc Scripts, MaxL scripts, and batch scripts).
- Designs, develops and maintains Hyperion Planning forms, business rules, and security and in performing Hyperion Planning Administration tasks.
- Will provide research, troubleshooting skills and should be able to resolve Hyperion Applications issues by working in collaboration with IT, Business and Oracle Corporation’s Hyperion support technicians.
- Develops and enhances Windows and UNIX-based scheduling, scripting, and monitoring tools for batch processing.
- Performs module specific testing and cross module integration testing on patches, modifications and enhancements.
- Should have an understanding of finance and accounting concepts and experience with supporting periodic close, planning, budgeting, and forecasting processes.
- Will become an integral part of future implementation project teams created to deliver additional modules and functionality to the company.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science is preferred but not required.
- A MBA, CPA or PMI certification is a plus.
- Five years of experience a business systems analyst in a large IT environment is preferred.
- Five years of solid hands on experience with Hyperion applications is preferred and required.
- Experience with managing projects and leading teams is required (i.e. inclusive of Project Management Tools and Methodology) is a plus.
- Experience with Hyperion application integration tools like FDM, ERPi and ODI.
- Experience with controls application setup migrations between development, test environments and production environments (i.e. Hyperion LCM).
- Experience with Hyperion EPMA
- Experience with Oracle (ERP) GL and FA modules will be a plus.
- Experience in the creation and execution of test scenarios and plans.
- Experience with business process engineering a plus.
- Experience with phone and email support of Hyperion Applications.
- Strong knowledge Oracle ERP Financials implementation and support.
- Knowledge of Oracle 11i Applications.
- Strong knowledge of Hyperion application customizations strategy, data conversions, and
- Integration to Oracle Application financial modules (i.e. GL, FA, PA etc) and other boundary systems.
- Proficiency with SOX and IT Change Management is required.
- Demonstrated ability in developing and delivering end-user training is a plus.
- Proven ability to interact effectively with users, business owners, upper management, vendors, and outside consultants during project scoping, requirements gathering, solutions design, build, User Testing, go-live, and production support.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both verbal and written.
For more information an to submit a resume about this position contact Dan