Manager- IT Audit and Controls Specialist –
A Big-five consultancy, which provides Audit and Enterprise Risk Services helps clients understand the complexity of issues such as performance, privacy, risk, controls, and data analysis.
The client helps organizations build value by taking a Risk Intelligent approach to managing financial, technology and business risks. This approach helps their clients focus on their areas of increased risk, bridge silos to effectively manage risk across organizational boundaries, and seek not only risk mitigation, but also pursue intelligent risk taking as a means to value creation.
Technology Risk (TR) is a Service Area within, it is comprised of professionals with a broad range of information technology and management consulting skills in the areas of Risk and Compliance, Security and Privacy, and Capital Markets. These professionals perform assessments, remediation, implementation and integration of end-to-end solutions in these three areas. They also deliver advisory services focused on risk and compliance to IT management and senior executives for both external audit and internal audit clients. TR professionals focus on information systems and technology that manage risk and/or drive operational, financial and regulatory compliance processes, as well as solutions that manage the risk associated with information technology itself.
Financial Statement & Internal Control Audit (FS&ICA) is a Market Offering within TR. FS&ICA provides audits and reviews of financial statements and reporting on internal controls in accordance with applicable professional standards. Their audits are planned to be responsive to their assessment of the risk of material misstatement based on the understanding gained of the organization and its environment, including its internal control. The consultancy utilizes this understanding to design the nature, timing, and extent of audit procedures, while maintaining an objective and independent attitude. They also strive to provide timely communications regarding professional developments, and insights regarding matters that may affect the organization’s business.
- Identify and evaluate business and technology risks, internal controls which mitigate risks, and related opportunities for internal control improvement
- Assist in the selection and tailoring of approaches, methods and tools to support service offering or industry projects
- Actively participate in decision making with engagement management and seek to understand the broader impact of current decisions
- Generate innovative ideas and challenge the status quo
- Facilitate use of technology-based tools or methodologies to review, design and/or implement products and services
- Play substantive/lead role in engagement planning, economics, and billing
- Assist in retention of professionals
- Demonstrate a general knowledge of market trends, competitor activities, and client’s products and service lines
- Build and nurture positive working relationships with clients with the intention to exceed client expectations
- Understand client’s business environment and basic risk management approaches
- Participate in proposal development efforts
- Membership and visibility in professional & civic organizations
- BA/BS in Business Administration, Accounting, Computer Science, Information Systems Administration or related field; Masters in Accounting or Information Systems, or MBA a plus
- CPA, CIA®, CISA certification is a plus
- 5+ years experience in the areas of public accounting, internal auditing or consulting
- SAP, Oracle or PeopleSoft controls experience desirable
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley and/or COSO is a plus
- Advanced understanding of business processes, internal control risk management, IT controls and related standards
- Experience with accounting control related issues
- Strong technical and/or management background in technical systems/environments
- Demonstrated ability to plan and manage engagements along with ensuring deliverables meet work plan specifications and deadlines
- Successful experience identifying controls, developing and executing test plans
- Demonstrated ability to write report segments and to participate in presentations
- Open to travel requirements