An EPM hosted/cloud based software company, is seeking a full-time Sr. Product Manager to join their product management team. This individual will be responsible for gathering requirements, translating them into implementable stories, and delivering high quality products to the enterprise performance management market for a new product that will complement their existing suite of products. The right candidate will be able to develop detailed specifications, communicate their business value across the organization and aggressively drive the iterative releases to their customers. If you want to move fast, experience exceptional growth, and make an impact on the enterprise performance management market this is the position for you.
- Defining product roadmap and setting engineering priorities.
- Writing and sharing functional specifications with the development and quality assurance (QA) teams.
- Designing new functionality with engineering and UX teams.
- Evangelizing product vision and benefits to customers, partners and internal stakeholders.
- Working with Marketing to create compelling product messaging internally and to the broader market.
- Analyzing competition and defining differentiated requirements.
- Evaluating product performance & utility of features with internal (support, services, sales) and external stakeholders (e.g. customers, partners).
- Lead research in areas in which the company is innovating.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience leading Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) Application software development projects.
- 5+ years experience as a Product Manager, Program Manager, or consultant having implemented enterprise software in a Finance, Operations, or Sales department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Management, Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Experience with defining user interface concepts, including conceptual discussions, review of wireframes/mockups, and final decision making.
- Understanding of majority of following concepts: continuous planning, statutory consolidations, financial analytics and visualization, data integration, multi-dimensional modeling, financial reporting.
- Proven ability to define and communicate product requirements to a broad audience (engineers, quality assurance, marketing, senior management), leveraging both verbal and written methods of communication.
- Independent thinker and self-starter that is able to research and present findings with minimal direction.
- Proficiency with following programs: MS Office, Atlassian Jira, Google Docs.
- Experience with the SaaS development model, cloud computing, and specifically the practice of Agile development methodologies.
- A strong detail-oriented problem solver.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong work ethic. Candidate will reject setbacks and enthusiastically persist until ambitious goals are achieved.
- Be resourceful and innovative when tackling complex challenges in a sustainable, proactive fashion.
- Passionate commitment to the Company and the profession. Furthers projects and the Company’s needs and implements a model of continuous improvement in both Company goals and project-related tasks.
- Results-oriented team player, who leads by example, is accountable for own performance, takes absolute ownership of tasks, and champions all aspects of initiatives.
- A high energy individual with a sense of urgency and an entrepreneurial attitude. Able to react to situations quickly and decisively, possessing self-confidence when taking a position, not afraid to make decisions.
- Flexible and adaptable to switch gears in various high-stress situations and quickly learn new technologies and adopt new methodologies.
- Creative sensibilities and strong communication skills.
- Self-starter – able to see what needs to be done and always willing to do it.
- Able to maintain a sense of good humor and not get flustered.
Location: San Francisco Bay Area,
For more information an to submit a resume about this position contact Dan